Primatic problem, hot water contamination!! Help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya everyone, my apprentice made a bit of a mistake last week...added Sentinel sludge remover to a Primatic system while i was on hols. Got back from sunny Spain with a verrry unhappy lady on my phone. Basically, the hot water is now contaminated and air bubble in cylinder is gone...is there any way to repressurize this bubble or do i have to buy this lady a new cylinder?? Also, if anyone sees my apprentice trying to leave the country...he cant cos ive got his passport!!!

Any ideas and or help would be very appreciated on this...thnx,

Jimbob :confused:

Sponsored Links
Last time I priced on of these up it was cheaper to buy a normal cylinder and convert it to a normal two tank system, than just buying a primatic!!!!!

Hi... Just drain down the system and then refill. The air "bubble" should reform by itself.

Is this one of them "my apprentice" or "a mate of Mine" Tall Stories. :oops:

Drain it and flush a couple of times and you'll be fine - but I HATE primatic/single feed indirect cylinders - you can drain one that has been working fine for years and then never get it to work right again.

If you can convince the householder to change the system, then find some way to fit a standard indirect cylinder with an F&E tank for the heating, you can make the system a hell of a lot more efficient and remove the possibility of the problem reoccuring.

Good Luck

CCM

Sponsored Links
Tomy, Scatmanjohn and Coppercylinderman! U guys are stars...drained and flushed system a few times and now fingers crossed its sorted. Whenever u guys are in Cardiff...the drinks are on me, serious! :D

tomy said:
Last time I priced on of these up it was cheaper to buy a normal cylinder and convert it to a normal two tank system, than just buying a primatic!!!!!
One I bought was much less than normal price...........because it had laid in the merchant`s for years :LOL: Blanked the f+r off and used it with a immersion.in one end of my house.you don`t get rich by spending money ;) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back