Printer Cartridges

... as far as I know, to buy one that will do A3 would cost an arm and a leg.
You can buy a pretty decent A3 printer for around £150. Problem is on some of them you'll then spend about the same amount or more on a set of cartridges.

Sponsored Links
Colour laser printers are, apparently, not as good as inkjet for colour pictures
It depends on what your priorities are, the big downside of lasers is that output that isn't literally black and white tends to be a bit grainy at least on normal home and office printers*.

The upsides of lasers is that there is no drying time, black text is extremely sharp and prints don't smudge if they get wet (some inkjets claim this too, dunno how well it works out in pratice)

* theres a printshop round here called muprint that has some xerox proffesional 2400x2400 DPI printers which produce amazing output but I suspect they are extremely expensive (I can't even find a price listed which doesn't bode well)

... as far as I know, to buy one that will do A3 would cost an arm and a leg.
You can buy a pretty decent A3 printer for around £150. Problem is on some of them you'll then spend about the same amount or more on a set of cartridges.

What, for an A3 colour laser printer? Where?

If you do a lot of printing (runs of newsletters etc), then google continous inking system. Not sure they are worth it for low volumes though

Sponsored Links
we have Epson Stylus Photo printers but due to the high cost of genuine cartridges we use a very good alternative named jettech though they are not the cheapest you can get provided your not after professional class photo prints they are good value for money, their posting address was previously in Jersey but they are mnow located on the mainland, and the postal service is good. Roy

I never buy OEM cartridges. Just about every town centre has a printer shop where you can buy the ink and they'll show you how to refill. It astounds me how printer manufacturers manage to sell any of the ones they make I think perhaps not enough people realise they can refill or even take them all in and have someone do them for less than a third the cost of a new one

Back