Problem with etching to glass ware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
See duplicate thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/dishwasher-causing-cloudy-misty-glassware.599822/
Hi there - I'm looking for any advice on how to stop/limit etching to glassware caused by the dishwasher. The model is a Smeg fully integrated so not a cheap brand! We have tried increasing/decreasing the flow of rinse aid as recommended by the supplier, and we have tried altering the 'hardness' setting on the machine but nothing seems to be working. We do live in a hard water area (Surrey) but the odd thing is our friends just down the road don't have the same issue and they have had both a cheap and mid-range dishwasher so I am not convinced it's the machine that is faulty - but I could be wrong!

Any advice/tips appreciated

See duplicate thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/dishwasher-causing-cloudy-misty-glassware.599822/

Sponsored Links
Can you show a picture of what you're referring to as etching?

Hi there it's when the glasses become cloudy, like a misty film over them that can't be rinsed off. Even happens to 'dishwasher' safe glassware. Everything else is fine, cutlery nice and shiny, pans cleaned well and no cloudy residue around the machine.

Sponsored Links
Slightly - tried rubbing lemon juice and then wiping and also soaking in white vinegar (as recommended on a website) but only slightly helped remove some of the mist. It would appear some glasses have a permanent etching/scratched appearance - the older glassware that has gone through more cycles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back