Problem with Gloworm Energy Saver 30e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Got a Gloworm Energy saver 30e gas condensing boiler which doesn't work.

Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.
You hear the gas valve open and gas come through and then it quickly closes. Sometimes when it does work it goes with a rush and a bang.

I am reluctant to spend to much money on it as I reckon it must be quite old, but I have only just moved in so don't know for sure.

Anyway I have shut it down now, has anyone got any ideas what could be wrong, seems strange to me why it works sometimes.

Also has anyone got any instructions for the boiler, been on Gloworm website but it is not listed.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
These are getting rather old now. I am amazed just how tolerant this model can be of never getting serviced.

I would have guessed that the gas is not getting ignited but that would bring on thr orange lockout light.

If no light is coming on then its difficult for me to guess exactly whats wrong and I am rather sceptical of your comment that you can hear the gas valve etc.

Tony

When I say I can hear the gas I mean I hear the gas valve open and after about 4 seconds it closes again.

Sponsored Links
The Energysaver was a flawed design and suffers from ignition problems regularly.

The heat exchanger commonly leaks and inside the case is usually a pile of rust.

One day last month I did quotes to replace two identical Energysavers with leaking heat exchangers, 5 miles apart.

I would scrap it, if you can afford to. Take a look inside, it's not usually a pretty sight. Most Energysavers I've seen are incontinent.

Dont they usually come up with an orange lockout light Simon?

Or is it just an orange flame on light?

Tony

as i remember theres no lockout light on these, they jus stop working..
id check the condensate 1st if thats ok the electrodes are also a common fault. do ya know you have posted the same question twice :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back