Problem with S Plan central heating sysytem

Picasso / TCC heating , that appears to be my issue. I've googled the S plan with pump over run shows 5 wires from the boiler to the wiring centre. With my boiler electrics I only have a twin & eth input via a fused spur then a three core flex out from the boiler only going upstairs to the wiring centre.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Gents o.k on my pcb the SL is Grn /Yell wire that I will connect into 10, My PL is blue which I will put in 9 with the pump live, Where do I connect the brown wire from the three core is labelled 1 on the PCB.

Dave

1 is the live feed from your boiler to the power the external controls, you should have a live (1), neutral (n) ,earth (e) switched live (sl) and pump live (pl) going to/from your boiler to the upstairs wiring centre, looks like you will need to run another cable.

Sponsored Links
Picasso
I think I have all 5 wires in place I have the following:

2 core & eth into boiler
Live = L (Brn)
Neutral = Blue
Eth = Case stud

3 core out
SL = Grn / Yel = will connect to 10 on choc blk
PL = Blue = Will connect to 9 with pump Line (Brwn)

My question is I still have a brown wire from the PCB labelled 1 going back up to wiring centre so that needs to connect into 1 on the 10 way (Live) is that correct ?

Dave

Yea 1 is the live feed to your wiring centre , how are you going to get neutral and earth to the wiring centre ?

Picasso o.k getting somewhere my boiler is now igniting when I switch HW & CH on at the programming panel although shuts off after a few minutes. Can I just checked something with you. the pump now also appears to be running constantly. Also should not the associated CH or HW motorized valve actuator move across when you switch them on ?. I don't see them move at all.

Dave

Picasso
Thanks for your help this evening o.k. to clarify between my wiring centre and my boiler I have two individual cables as follows that supply 5 wires in total -:

1. twin & eth = live neutral & eth - connected from PCB L/N & eth stud

These are connected to 1,2 & 3 on 10 way wiring centre choc block

2. Three core flex SL (Grn&Yell) PL (Blue) plus the additional brown on 1 = on PCB

SL from PCB into 10 with the CW & HW actuator orange leads
PL from PCB into Choc block 9 with the pump live brown
1 from PCB connected into pin 1 live on choc block

Am I missing something ?

Dave

Picasso
O.k Well the good news is I haven't blown my boiler as it is igniting now albeit cutting out after a few minutes. Have I just made an error by trying to wire this up as an S plan system but don't have the correct amount of cables in place as I have simply used what was already in place. I would like to think it was wired o.k prior to me trying to re-wire etc. Running a new cable would be difficult etc and I would like to avoid that if possible.

As I have in my first floor wiring centre:

2 x Danfoss Zone valves
Pump
Danfoss RMT230 Room Stat
Danfoss boiler stat
Danfoss Prog timer

Then as said before between the wiring centre components located on first Floor and my boiler ground floor I only had / have a twin & eth and a three core flex.
Is there another wiring plan I should can use given the cables I have in place etc.

Hi Dave thanks for the clarification, you have enough cables, you dont need to connect the brown from 1 on the pcb to anything, if you have followed the s plan your boiler should work properly, have you connected the pump live directly to the boiler pcb ? its important the switched live is not connected to the pump.

Piacasso
Thanks for your help all seems functioning, i.e boiler is igniting staying on / radiators getting warm and no leaks from the CH & HW MV valves I changed. I think I was getting confused with the PL terminal on my boiler PCB thinking it was permanent live and not pump live. So I appear to be back to square one -:

1. Three Rads & towel rail upstairs working fine
2. Downstairs Dinning room rad working fine
3. Downstairs Lounge Rad no heat

Am I correct is saying that when the call for heat comes from the prog / timer three things should happen 1. Bolier on 2. Pump on 3. associated MV valve should open (move across). The strange thing is neither of my MV valves appear to move across (open) when called for heat etc. Although I have most heating apart from the lounge rad and HW. The lounge Rad has never worked properly since being in the house.

Any thoughts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back