Problem With Ti Radiation Fuelsaver (Gas) Boiler And Tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother's house has a Ti Radiation Fuelsaver boiler and conventional vented system. Yes I know its old (her house is like a plumbing museum!), but the hot water and radiators work perfectly.

I was in her loft, and noticed a small trickle of hot water coming from the vent pipe of the F&E (smallest) tank and running into the tank. The tank isn't overflowing out of the overflow pipe near the gutter outside.

This could have been going on for ages, as we rarely go into the loft, and as I said the system works fine. Do any of the experts have any ideas where I can start? Is it safe? Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Providing the open vent /cold feed in correct position there maybe a slight blockage in the system causing it to pump over.

Over time it will cause the system to corrode and block up further and rot the rads.

Your boiler is low water content and pump should be on speed 3 , but try turning it down to speed 2 it may stop it.
But that may cause boiler to get noisy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back