Programmable 7-day room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combi boiler with a built in 24hr analogue time clock.

I also have a standard room stat fitted in the hall.

I want to be able to have the option of 7 day programming, so could I replace my standard room stat with one of those programmable 7 day ones and leave my boiler effectively ‘on’ all the time, using the room stat as my programmer?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks lads for the replies and advice. I think I will go for the Honeywell CM67. It seems to have some nice features.

Just to expand on this a little, I have a question on efficiencies.

I currently have the heating set to come on 5am to 7am and then 5pm to 10pm. I am obviously then starting the boiler up from cold twice a day.

Would I be better keeping the boiler running all (or most) of the time, by using the new room stat to keep the temperature at 14 degrees for example during the times I would normally have it switched off? Does anyone know what the effect this would have on my gas bill?

Cheers

Just to follow on from your question. I have a CM67 also and have it set to 18 deg for 06:00am until 7:30am it is the set to 12 deg for the rest of the day until the early evening when we come home. However, its only 2 deg outside today but at the present time the coldest part of the house has only dropped to 16 deg, so i dont think you will achieve a significant saving in your gas bills. It would take quite a long period of extremelely low outside temps for the internal temp to drop, unless your house is very poorly insulated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back