programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello there i am going to replace the manual programmer on my apollo fanfare 15/30 boiler with a remote programmable timer, which one would be best suited , also the existing one will have to be removed as the casing has fell to bits , cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
They all do the job. A bit like all cars will get you from A to B, so it's up to you to choose one you like. Consider:

How many on/off periods do you require?
Do you require different settings for each day of the week?
Wired or wireless?
Should it include a programmable thermostat facility?
What you think looks nice
Would a holiday feature be useful?
Does it need battery back up?
Is ease of programming necessary?
Anything else, big buttons, large display?

Having said that as with most things, you get what you pay for. If you want something reliable, I would opt for one of the major manufacturers such as Danfoss, Drayton or Honeywell.

thankyou for your reply, also i have a problem which i dont know if you could advise me on . the boiler has just started to turn off after about an hour after igniting . it will start again once the boiler has cooled completely and only when the casing is given a tap. i have tried running it on low and high but it seems the same, the wall thermostat when turned to prompt ignition does not start the boiler but does set the pump going , any ideas, Steve.

That is quite a common fault you describe and easily fixed. I would not advise a diy repair, but recommend you get a service/repair done by a RGI.

Sponsored Links
i will do that thanks , i dont want to open it up anyway, what do you think it is then , regards, Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back