Protherm 80E combi-boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Wonder if anybody can help me. I've just moved into a house and the boiler is a Protherm 80E. The bar pressure is currently circa 0.8 to 1 but the bar LED is flashing. Ive read the manual and this means it needs topping up.

Can anyone advise me which is the right valve (cold water outlet I believe) to open to fill it??

I'm confused as I watched a video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr6k8eBqoOg and he said (although his was a different type of boiler) its the valve with the filling loop pipe connected to two pipes but by on my boiler the filling loop does not connect to the valve which the manual says is the cold water outlet.

The manual is hard to understand so I'm not 100% the cold water outlet is positioned in the right place but as per the positioning of the manual the yellow valve should be correct. Scared witless to open the wrong valve.

Ive attached a photo of all the valves.

Sponsored Links
Yes, Geebers, do that and see how you get on!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back