1. We are proud to announce that we have been nominated for Website of the Year!
    We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to vote for us here. It's quick and easy to do, also as a voter you are eligible to win a prize! (Samsung HD TV, Apple iWatch, AKG Headphones).
    Dismiss Notice

Protherm 80e

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by sloaney, 10 Feb 2010.

1. sloaney

15 May 2009
    Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm a registered gas engineer, got called out to the above because of no C/H.
    The DHW side of things is fine.
    The system is pressurised to just over 1 bar.
    When trying to start in C/H mode the pump runs for about a minute then stops, the fan doesn't come on. There is no fault code displayed.
    The operation of the of the divertor valve is OK. The C/H thermistor had a resistance of 11000 ohms when cold which I thought was OK but replaced it with a new one (12500 ohms when cold) just in case, but this didn't make any difference. If I disconnect the wires from the thermistor I get an F2 fault - Thermistor failure again proving the thermistor is OK. The flow switch appears to be OK in that if I take it off the divertor valve I get an F0 fault telling me there is no flow.
    Is this proof enough that the PCB is at fault or am I missing something along the way?