IDEAL ISAR HELP !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys !! was at a job this week, no C/H on an ideal isar.. found power going to the divertor valve but it would not operate so ordered a new divertor valve head... when I arrived to fit the new part the boiler was operational again and heating working fine...

anyway changed the valve and everything was working ok for the last few days until earlier today its called in again for no C/H !

ANY IDEAS whats up with this ? possible pcb fault ? the display panel showed no faults and was satisfied on the thermister previously due to the valve not operating !

urgent help required as this will be my first job tomorrow

Sponsored Links
When was the isar installed, was it towards the end of last year or older than that?

ollski said:
When was the isar installed, was it towards the end of last year or older than that?

weve just taken over the maintenance, so presume around 1 year ago mate !! apparently came out of warranty on feb ! although i thought they had a standard 2 year warranty ???

only if the punter pays for it ;)

these can be gits if there is even a gnats wotsit of sludge in the system mate, and the diverter valves really really stick

check for sludge

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
only if the punter pays for it ;)

these can be gits if there is even a gnats wotsit of sludge in the system mate, and the diverter valves really really stick

check for sludge

the valve itself seems ok.. already changed the head as it wouldnt power when calling for heat ! it makes manually ok when pusing the slider... not been back to this one yet and no doubt when I get there it will be ok again !!

bugger!!! dam it bloody tthings

whats the reading of the CH termister??

should be looking at 25Kohms when very cold

corgiman said:
b*****r!!! dam it b****y tthings

whats the reading of the CH termister??

should be looking at 25Kohms when very cold

the thermister was fine mate as I said the problem last time was the valve wouldnt power and reached temp on the thermister and cut off so i replaced the valve head even though when I returned it was working ok.. the fault is intermitting but as there is demand and the valve isnt powering over im thinking pcb... replacing the valve first time doesnt seem to have cured the problem...

Even if it was the thermister the valve should still be open on demand of heating which was not happening...

I think the boilers have ( or had? ) a two year warranty on the combi version but only one year on the system version. Both should need a formal service to activate the second year.

The diverter valves often jam down if there is any suspision of dirt in the system and dont move. Often by hand moving them it clears the problem for a while.

Tony

Agile said:
I think the boilers have ( or had? ) a two year warranty on the combi version but only one year on the system version. Both should need a formal service to activate the second year.

The diverter valves often jam down if there is any suspision of dirt in the system and dont move. Often by hand moving them it clears the problem for a while.

Tony

to be honest the warranty aint the issue really as its been handed over to our company now but did think it should ahve 2 years therefore we shouldnt be fixing as this has been an ongoing problem tenant has advised...

the last time I was at the boiler I could manually make the valve and it would heat ok, no problems so as mentioned replaced the valve head. when i removed the head and checked it wouldnt power over when calling for c/h... really thinking it the pcb here due to the valve head not powering but wondering if possibly something Im missing that may cause this other than an expensive pcb....

wheres all the isar experts ?? first job on a friday gonna drive me mental or new pcb might just be used !!

corgiman said:
sorry mate but to hard for me to diagnose here

gonna go for the pcb mate as the valve is powered from here and if the valve was intermitting on/off and changed that then more likely the pcb...

seen a few reports on suspect pcb's with older ones just dont know the symptons....

if that dont cure it I'll be taking it out and old one back in anyway !!

ex ideal engineer. replace the div body, it is not sludge but a design fault on earlier models. 4 allen bolts , make sure gasket goes in the rightway round

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back