Protruding RSJ above the finished floor level

I would like to know how you are going to cut the beam, and what you intend to use..

Sponsored Links
Are we right in assuming that the beam is supported at it's end; this is such an odd cockup, that everything may not be as straightforward as it seems. I suspect Hondas suggestion of a window box seat may the best option.

I suspect Hondas suggestion of a window box seat may the best option

No, the best option is banging the builder's head on it.

The builder mentioned it during the works

I can't believe that. In a casual, matter of fact way "Oh, the beam is sticking up past the floor. Any chance of a cuppa?

Anyone with a ounce of nous would have sorted it out before laying the floor deck. FFS

I'm still chuckling

I would like to know how you are going to cut the beam, and what you intend to use..

An angle grinder with a cutting disc of course, would have that up in no time. Not that the OP should though, the beam will be weaker and twistier for it as loads of folk have stated.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Look around for the very thin cutting discs - less then 2mm thick they work really well. You can get them in a tin (!!) 10 for £5 at cheapo tool stands in markets.
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back