pull switch replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, all
my first thread so take it easy, im,replacing a light pull cord switch in the bathroom but im faced with the existing cable isnt long enough to go to the terminal in the switch, so i want to add a metre in the loft by joining using a 20amp junction box, problem i have is the existing wires in the switch are both red with an earth and my local supplier can only sell me blue and brown with an earth :confused: how do i get round the colour issue when fitting....

Sponsored Links
Sleeve the brown and blue with short lengths of brown sleeving at both ends of the new cable ( ask the man for a few inches from a roll and get green / yellow for the earth ) Also get the standard label stating there is cabling to two different colour standards and fix it where it is clearly visible on or close to the consumer unit

If the loop runs through the light fitting (more likely than not), replace the entire switch cable rather than introduce a JB.

Same stuff re colours and sleeving.

Thank you both for your replies. i just have one stupid question,,,why do i need to sleeve the brown when its already brown. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thank you both for your replies. i just have one stupid question,,,why do i need to sleeve the brown when its already brown. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back