puma 80e lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi anyone, my heating system has decided to stop working??? it was working fine yesterday but this morning when i tried to put the central heating on it seemed to start up but after about 30secs the green flame light goes out then it seems to start up again but with a dimmed green light but then it all goes quiet and the red lockout light comes on? the hot water works fine its just the central heating (and the house is freezing!) i have done the reset thing like it says in the instructions. can anyone help me please it would be much appreciated.
many thanks, nick :(

Sponsored Links
Hi Nick! Do you have a 3 port mid position valve in your system?. There seems to be quite a few problems which involves these valves. They cause no problem when used for hot water only but when you need heating only or heating combined with hot water is when the problem starts. On some of these valves you can remove the actuator head and observe the actuator turn from resting position (HW) through 90 deg. to (CH) passing through the mid position. If it does not turn then the motor is suspect, if it turns the full amount, the problem is either a stiff valve spindle or one of the micro switches has possibly failed, in which case the head will need replacing. Do I take it that if you don't put the heating side on, you have no problems at all.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Quite unlikely that a combi-based installation will have any extra motorised valves...
If the thing is locking-out, chances are it's due to overheating. ~Could there be air in the system preventing water circulation to / from the radiators? From your description, it sounds like the boiler is doing exactly what it should when it overheats: if the hot water works OK, then it must be a circulation problem. Also check you have NO dripping hot taps! Pumas will NOT work correctly in CH mode if there is ANY water flow past the wax-stat inside the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back