Pump not turning off when hot water on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi -

I have a really odd problem. My pump is not turning off once the boiler has stopped burning (even after a long time) when using hot water.

I have a conventional boiler with a pump. Three way motorised valve.

It started after I drained the system to fix a leaky pipe.

I have changed the three way valve (well, the head for it) as I suspected the microswitch in there.

I am getting nice hot water. I have re-drained the system more than once and purged air from everywhere including the pump.

What tells the pump to turn off normally but isn't do so now?

I haven't tried it this since the last drain down/refill but last time the pump would turn off when the central heating was used once the rads all warmed up. So, it seems the pump is only running constantly when hot water only is on (well, at least last time I drained it down that was the case).

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
One other thing to mention, once the hot water timer turns off the pump does turn off after ~5min overrun.

But I am sure before I drained it the first time, the pump would turn off once the hot water was up to temperature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back