PVC pipe sizes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a borderline subject here.. but i have a wire i want to trunk around a room.. i had it in mind to use the white pvc pipe that plumbers use, but found
the local merchants didnt have all the fittings to go with it i needed. I thought i'd seen a lot more in office use. I've since found such fittings online, but need to verify.. will that pipeing go with these fittings? Is that pipe 20mm? I can order the fitings individually online but dont want a 30 pack of 3mpipes!

The fittings are here.. i'd be using the rounded conduit boxes to bring it in one wall and out the other.. and the saddle bar spacers to affix to wall. Compatible with pipe from local plumbing merchants?

http://www.toolstation.com/index.html?code=42582

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Its a phone cable, plenty of clearance. I know i can use smaller trunking but i want to use the rounded pipe.. and think perhaps i'll be able to with those fittings. Are you able to confirm?

This Forum is plumbing & heating.I think you need the Electrics Forum. If the Mod on duty could bother his/her fat lazy ass they should have directed you there.

My main query is a plumbing one really, as per opening post.

The outside diameter of overflow pipe is not quite the same.

Why on earth don't you use 20mm or 25mm electrical grade plastic conduit with the electrical conduit boxes? They are designed to be used with each other, after all? Available in thick or thin wall, white or black?

Kaseryn, the 20mm round "pipe" is electrical conduit. A 30m bundle of the tube isn't that expensive, but if you can't bear to buy more than you need most electrical suppliers will be able to supply individual lengths, but it will probably cost you as much.

Well the online store only sells the lengths in massive packs.. and whereas i don't yet know any electrical merchants locally.. there are loads of plumbing shops, so if it was compatible : job done!

Right then, thanks for the feedback lads. Best find a leccy shop somewhere nearby! :)

No electrical suppliers in London? Try Googling on electrical suppliers and the name of your district (or post code) of London.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back