Question for BAS or anyone with knowledge !

My last 4 laptops all used figure of 8 connectors to supply the switch mode PSU.
Mine's got an IEC 60320 Type C5

776px-Plug_Kleeblattstecker_DIN_VDE_0625_Teil_1_Normblatt_C5.jpg

nyah nyah nyah.....

:D:D

Sponsored Links
The fire alarm is a ' proper system' with smoke heads, pushes etc etc on its own 1 gang board in another part of the building feeding a lcd display control unit, the system is around 12 months old and I believe was fitted by ADT but not 100 % on that,

Do you know of any decent dual boards or do you buy a seperate kt ? the one I saw looked like it was all one item but it was a very old square d

Their not tight with their money, altough I dont think they would want to pay for 20 rcbo's ( will they ever come down in price now their going to be a lot more popular ? )

Sponsored Links
Cheers BAS, sorry I dont have a lap top to compare !! you lot must be charging too much !!

Mine has the three pronged connector :LOL:

FWIW, IMO RCBOs are the only way to protect a commercial installation like this.

The PSU is on the one I am using at the moment is double insulated yep, the laptop itself is class 3 so shouldn't create any earth leakage.
same here but its on a three pin plug like BAS' Its unconfirmed but i suspect the switch mode power supply in the adaptor has a filter on the 240V end which will cause some earth leakage.

I was under the impression that with a supervisor on site that RCD protection was not always required - Im sure thats the way they told me at my 17th upgrade course - along with ' basically treat everyone like idiots - because most people are when it comes to electric ' - am I wrong ?

It would be appropriate to read the relevant Reg carefully..

'socket-outlets for use under the supervision of skilled or instructed persons..'

It does not mean every socket outlet in a premises just because a skilled or instructed person happens to be employed there.

Such socket outlets will no doubt be identified for specific tasks with the proviso that they will only be used by skilled, instructed persons or persons under the supervision of skilled/instructed persons i.e. those who are conversant with and understand the risks and correct working practises.

The Reg is further clarified by the words some commercial or industrial locations. It does not say all commercial or industrial locations.

There are two regs and I think Burntwire was referring to 522.6.7 for concealed cables and not 411.3.3 which may also apply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back