question on Central heating

Agile said:
Bambergaspipe said:
[
I think you are getting confused by the differential temperature of the flow and return and the simple return temperature!

The return needs to be about 55°C to get much conddensing.

Tony

You are correct ,I`m not confused, I worded my response badly. If you are being petty you may want to spell better ;)

Sponsored Links
Bambergaspipe said:
Not mine you Just stating my findings. ;)

What does that mean? not really an answer was it? if you are going to just paste figures from a text book, please have the **** to back them up,

Why would I want to back them up to an a@ss hole like you ?

MOD 2

calm it down the pair of you

My I have opened a can of worms. Bit of background info, the system at present is a fully pumped one. The house is a large three bedroomed victorian end of terrace house double glazed windows. The house takes a while to heat up when its cold so the rads will be replaced with bigger size then are fitted now. The reason why I asked about using 28mm was I am aware that if the pipes to rads are too small there are problems getting the rads hot and I didn't want the same to happen with the new installation hence the 28mm question, the back boiler will be disconnected.

Steve

Sponsored Links
ashfordtown said:
My I have opened a can of worms. Bit of background info, the system at present is a fully pumped one. The house is a large three bedroomed victorian end of terrace house double glazed windows. The house takes a while to heat up when its cold so the rads will be replaced with bigger size then are fitted now. The reason why I asked about using 28mm was I am aware that if the pipes to rads are too small there are problems getting the rads hot and I didn't want the same to happen with the new installation hence the 28mm question, the back boiler will be disconnected.

Steve

I gave my professional opinion/answer as to how I would do it. Check your heat loss calculations again and then you can decide who to believe. I'm keeping out of all arguments ;)

gas4you wrote

In theory text book says about 45,000 btu for 22mm.

Yeah the old text books based on 11 degree differential. :(
As I said its a shame most installers dont know or take time to do the calculations and lash in oversized piping when their is no need. !

Yes, but oversized pipework still works whereas undersized does not!

Its rare that I ever see oversized pipework in London.

Only about 1 in 10 of the newish boilers I see have an adequately sized gas supply pipe.

At the extreme I saw an underfloor system using 94m length of 8 mm copper tube.

The boiler was on for 20 minutes and the return was still almost cold!

Tony

Agile wrote

but oversized pipework still works wheras undersized does not.

Not necessarily.!
Some pipe sizing disicipines for certain mediums are critical and oversizing will result in system failure. :(

Agile wrote

A typical three bed house requires about 10-12 kW

As this is another diynot forum riddle I shall assume these homes are no larger than 1200 sq feet. :D
Typical three bed room homes where I come from can be anything from 1700 to 3200 sq feet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back