Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I recently moved into new apartment where i have a biasi boiler yesterday i decided to try it and i turned on the heating the boiler started and the first two lights started flashing it was heating and the furnace was turning on and off but the pump was running constantly it is wired to an old thermostat which when i turn it off it doesnt turn off the boiler when i turn the button to on the boiler is still on but the 2nd light disappears and now the first and third are flashing is this ok?

Sponsored Links
1st and 3rd lights indicate a normal demand for CH when flashing together.

Flashing alternately and its a demand for hot water.

How does Bristol compare with the US ?

Tony

Sponsored Links
You have a different problem.

And I expect you only have one light visible.

Tony

actualy the first two lights are flashing together. I read a manual it says frost protection but nowhere is mentioned how to deal with it

Oh about Bristol cant quite say, im still gettting used to it, it s been only 2 weeks :)

That indication would indicate that a temperature sensor has a too high resistance. But it can also be a PCB fault!

If you want to start learning about boilers then leave it off for two hours and measure the resistance of each sensor.

Or may be easier to call a repairman?

Tony

Ok i will measure the ressistance of sensor. Any hints on what should the resistance be?

About 13k at cooler room temp!

Measure with connector off of course.

Put connector on and off about five times as that cleans off any metal oxide which could be causing a higher resistance.

Tony

Sounds like you did not leave boiler off for two hours!!

2.7 K implies the boiler is at about 40 C and not cold.

Try again!

Test the calibration of the meter too.

The sensors would need to be closer to 20 K to provoke the frost stat operation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back