Quick advice needed...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a corgi registered plumber that has just wired a new central heating circ pump in, but he wired the live into the earth and earth into the live... i told him whathe had done but only after he flashed the system back up and couldn't work out why the system didn't react how he thought. Worst case scenario, whats he done?
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
It just won't work, and you'll get a shock if you touch it (though as long as the pipe work is copper all the way back to the point where the pipe is bonded to the MET, then the fuse would be taken out)

pipework will become live, but if properly earthed, it shoudl take out fuse/MCB. altho there is still a chance of a shock from pipework. worst case is the earthing could be incomplete and someone could die.

and report this guy to corgi - he shouldn't be working in other people's homes if this is his standard of workmanship.

Sponsored Links
The fuse/mcb did not blow/operate. Slightly worrying i know but i'm concerned that he has or has not done anylong term damage to anything. Everything seems ok now though.
Cheers for the prompt replies.

long term damage - probably not. altho you should get it check out by a sparky (not plumber) since the fuse didnt go

Cheers
A decent sparky is next on my phone call list to check out why nothing went poop when he did this.
Thanks.

Are you sure it was phase to earth, not phase to neutral?

On second thoughts... anyone got a rubber....? :oops:

Sure, it was brown wire to the earth connection and yellow/green to the live connection. There doesn't seem to be any harm done, although i will be getting the electrics checked since the fuse/MCB did not pop.
Panic over, cheers for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back