Quick plumbing question 15mm to 10mm pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just adding a new rad for an extension i've built & just wanted to check a couple of things.

1) i assume i can just tee off an existing rad (the 2 pipes) & run them to the new rad. i've not got many so hopefully my combi boiler can cope.

2) all my existing pipework is 15mm but i was hoping to use the thin stuff (10mm i think) so i can hide it easier. will this cause a problem with flow into this rad etc... ???

Cheers guys.

Duncan

Sponsored Links
Provided you do it correctly, you can tee off in 10 mm from 15 without a problem. Would not do more than 1 rad per tee off unless they are small. Almost every combi will do 15 medium rads.

ok cheers.... Or am i better off sticking with 15mm to the rad as its a double skim, 1600 x 600 jobbie...

I'll use 10mm pipe if it really makes no difference but if it could cause any problems then i'll chase out the wall, use 15mm and stop being so lazy.

Thanks again

Duncan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back