Racism not taken seriously by all.

There is s subtle difference between being Jewish by lineage, and being Jewish by conversion.
As I previously explained conversion relies on accepting the Tora, which is the first five books of the Old testament, and pretty violent it is too, with many outdated, maybe even illegal practices by todays standards.
It even seems at odds with claimed versions of Judaism:
Judaism is unique in that we believe that everyone is equal in the eyes of God

Although I don't have much confidence in that statement because Judaism is not the only religion that holds that fundamental belief.

But being Jewish by lineage does not require a Jew to accept the Tora, nor to practice the culture of being Jewish, that is entirley optional.

But the author of this article suggests some kind of heirarchy of being Jewish:
I think some of the people who are writing in and saying they “converted” to Judaism are saying they are Jewish, but at the same time, their lifestyle and practices reject the most important parts of Judaism, so I’m not quite sure why they would expect others to embrace them as fellow Jews. Someone who converts to Judaism but by word and deed refuses to embrace real Jewish practices (eating kosher, belief in God, belief in the Messiah’s anticipated arrival, fasting on fast days, learning Torah on a regular basis, saying blessings before eating, and on and on—there are hundreds of commandments!) is naturally going to be viewed as an inauthentic outsider.

So despite the strict criteria for bing Jewish, it appears there are as many contradictions in Judaism as in any other religion.

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about genetic diversity?
I'm talking about diversity.
Diversity across Europe & the old USSR, diversity across North and South America. Diversity from Asia, the Middle east & Africa. Diversity from Australia & New Zealand

It's one bloody big melting pot. And in the main it works. Unless you don't want it to work.

Diversity across Europe & the old USSR, diversity across North and South America. Diversity from Asia, the Middle east & Africa. Diversity from Australia & New Zealand

You forgot to mention people who were born there, and people whose families have lived there for generations, but are not Jews.

Sponsored Links
You forgot to mention people who were born there, and people whose families have lived there for generations, but are not Jews.

What part of the world do you think Israel is that I've not mentioned below?

It's one bloody big melting pot. And in the main it works. Unless you don't want it to work.

No, Bod.

You are obliquely using the justification "some of the immigrants had ancestors who, thousands of years ago, lived somewhere near here" as a justification for the occupation and land grab.

But that justification falls down because Israel dispossesses and expels people who themselves, and their parents, and their grandparents, as well as their ancestors, lived in that very place.

So the attempted justification is not a justification.

What's the nearest city to where you now live?

No, Bod.

You are obliquely using the justification "some of the immigrants had ancestors who, thousands of years ago, lived somewhere near here" as a justification for the occupation and land grab.

But that justification falls down because Israel dispossesses and expels people who themselves, and their parents, and their grandparents, as well as their ancestors, lived in that very place.

So the attempted justification is not a justification.

What's the nearest city to where you now live?

Not justifying anything. What is it you want John.

Do you want all Jews out of Israel?

Where would you like them to be.
The Mediterranean?

Do you want all Jews out of Israel?

Where would you like them to be.
The Mediterranean?

A witty use of fact reversal by Bod. I wonder which page he copied that one from?

In fact, Zionists want all Palestinians out of Palestine.

They have already evicted or killed many thousands, and are busy evicting and killing thousands more.

Last Zionist suggestion I heard was to dump the survivors in the desert.

Is that what you want?

Sponsored Links
Back