Rad valve caps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm going to be removing my rads soon to do a spot of decorating. They may be off the wall for a few weeks while the place gets plastered.

Because of this I want to buy the screw caps that fit on the valves once I've removed the rad.

What are these screw caps called?

When I search, I only come back with the white caps that fit over the lockshields.

Please help!

Thanks,

Nick.

Sponsored Links
I guess you mean the ones that take the place of TRV heads?

They are supplied with a new valve but apart from Drayton I am not aware of any others being available to special order at a cost.

I always give them to the customer but suspect most get thrown away.

Tony

Hi,

Thanks for the very quick response!

No, I don't mean taking place of the TRV.

The cap screws on where the rad would have screwed to the valve, if you know what I mean! The TRV would be wound to 0 and for safety these caps screw on the end to make sure 100% there are no leaks.

Thanks,

Nick.

1/2" brass cap end.

caps.jpg

Sponsored Links
Fantastic! :D

That's the one!

I suppose most plumbing places sell them?

Ah, I'm so happy! Plasterer is coming on Friday and I was worried I wouldn't be able to take the rads off safely!

Thanks very much! Very quick reply as well!

Cheers,

Nick.

Ah great, I wouldn't have thought to buy the washers!

I've had a look on the screwfix website but can only find the 3/4" manifold ones!

Thanks again for your help!

Nick.

Ps - how much are they about?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back