radiator height???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
replumbing the house have just bought , as fairly skint im doin it myself, so please be kind. living room is about 4 x 3 , gonna cut out old window and replace with fench doors, have removed old radiator (1400 x 500 below window) and going to replace with (clearance from B&Q) a double convector 1000 x 700 right hand of wndow and a single convector 800 x 600 left hand of window. the double convector is probably enough to heat the room but the single was only a tenner so thought would stick it in.
says on destructions the bottom of rad bracket should be 200 mm of of floor, giving a 150 mm clearance from floor to bottom of rad. is this distance crucial as have old quarry tile floor and not sure if going to floor over with tiles or wood and if to self level first etc. so not sure on finished floor level.
was going to put brackets 250mm from quarrys then can decide on what to do with floor later
other issue is the different heights of the rads. would like both rads to be same height at top ( if 250 from off quarrys- 900mm off of floor finished height of rad) so i would have the 700mm rad 200mm off of quarrys and the 600 rad 300mm off of the quarrys. will this difference in height cause a problem, apart from to my eyes?
many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back