RANGE POWERMAX 157 Lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a RANGE POWERMAX 157 boiler which has been working fine for the last 7 months since we moved into our new house ,(and from the previous owners who have had the boiler from new for the last 5yrs.) However yesterday I started to notice that the lockout light was being activated.

When this occurs I turn the boiler off for 15secs and then power it on again and the system kicks in fine . Then after 30mins to 1hr the lock out occurs again. In thsi time the hot water works fine and the heating all kicks in fine but obviously when the lock out occurs the central heating cuts out.

The central heating has been off for approx a month and I did turn it back on for the first time 2 days ago which makes me think that this could be to do with problem.

I also noticed that the pressure was at 0.3bar where all the instructions and forums advise it should be around 0.9 -1.0.

Does anyone have some advice on what I can check before calling an expert out.

I will be going through the instructions when I get back from work.

The boiler is due it's 12 monthly service next month which I am booking with Baxi. Will the pressure issue be resolved by the service or is this something seperate.

I called Baxi reguarding a call out and they said it would cost £250 with a 1yr guarentee etc which didnt seem that unreasonable. and a service charge would be around £150.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciate.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Repressurising is a user function which you should have been advised on how to do it by the seller.

Look on the FAQ for filling loop.

The boiler needs at least 1 bar to function properly and I recommend setting at 1.5 bar.

The locking out is probably caused by a different problem as it sounds like an ignition lockout which is fairly common on your model as its quite sensitive.

Tony

Thanks Tony,

Unfortunately the seller didnt fill me in on that , my mistake.

I'll give it a go this evening and keep you posted.

Sponsored Links
As far as i am aware we have plenty of gas. We live in a village and are connected to stores of (if my terminology is correct) liquid gas stored in cylinders in our road. Calor supply our gas.

All other gas appliances work fine.

And yes the bill has been payed :D

When was it last serviced?

'£250 with a 1yr guarantee etc which didnt seem that unreasonable'

Then this is your best option, the engineer will carry out all that is included in a service and fix any faults and you get 12months warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back