Range Powermax 155x - annoying lockouts

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
After a lot of heaving, shoving, and moaning the BG engineers finally got all the broken baffles out. They managed to get the "lid" off the bottom of the boiler and then pulled them all through (a bit awkward as there was only a few inches clearance but the broken baffles bend easily).

The new baffles slotted in easily, a few other bits were changed and my boiler is back in business again. Hoorah!

I got the impression from BG that these baffles aren't checked regularly. I could be wrong here but BG Homecare only carry out "safety inspections" rather than "full services" (so they wait for something to go wrong rather than carry out preventative maintenance). Engineer told me at one point that unless there's a definite fault they prefer not to touch anything just in case it causes a problem.

I will insist that the turbulator baffles are checked every year from now on though, they seem really fragile.

The full list of stuff changed on my boiler -

8 * turbulator baffles
2 * service gasket set
1 * sump - flue collector
1 * lip seal
1 * spark electrode buccleigh
1 * gasket electrode
1 * gasket main burner

BG engineer said that the total cost would have been around 600 quid (thank goodness for Homecare!).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back