Range rate adjuster switch and explosive ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i read on another posting that after you have fitted a new PCB the you should adjust the range rate.

Can someone tell me how to do this and what it does.

Also i explosive ignition which now seems worse since new PCB board was swapped over. Will altering the range rate help with this?

Boiler was serviced about 6 moths ago by a corgi registered engineer.

thanks

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't advise you do it. Get some one to set it up who can work on gas.

What boiler is it OOI?

Sponsored Links
Also i explosive ignition which now seems worse since new PCB board was swapped over. Will altering the range rate help with this?
Yeah, if you can get just the right setting it helps a lot. The boiler goes into orbit and you get to be on telly, but your mum won't half be cross.

Replaced the PCB as some of the connections ( top left, think its the power supply ones) scorched and burnt out the connections on the back of the PCB.

this was repaired a couple of times with solder but eventualy they gave up and the boiler had no power.

seems to be working fine now apart from CH only works on timer and not constant. Now the fronts been put back on the boiler the explosive ignition doesnt seem too bad either.

Didn't think it would be too bad replacing the PCB as it was only an electronic component swapping over plugs and i wasnt touching ay 'GAS' bits

You were running the boiler with the front off???

Now the fronts been put back on the boiler the explosive ignition doesnt seem too bad either.

Explosive ignition = door seals

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back