My Powermax nightmare! Can't find the answer on here yet...

My new potterton occasionally go bang!
The promax 24/2 HE plus fitted in Nov 07 also suffers from explosive ignition.
1st visit. new electrodes
2nd visit. new electrodes
3rd visit. everything replaced that that could possibly be faulty

It still continues to go bang

Sponsored Links
My new potterton occasionally go bang!
The promax 24/2 HE plus fitted in Nov 07 also suffers from explosive ignition.
1st visit. new electrodes
2nd visit. new electrodes
3rd visit. everything replaced that that could possibly be faulty

It still continues to go bang

Start a new thread and get the electrodes changed!

The Range Powermax burners are almost impossible to light, and are plagued by condensation problems, electrode problems etc. Most of the problems are due to the pre-mix burner ..............!

That's interesting.

I've also heard that they suffer corrosion of the turbulators. Are these problems due to condensation in a non-condensing boiler? There is a temperature thermostat in the thermal store that inhibits the CH pump, but I'm not clear how this is intended to work. When the CH pump starts, the return temperature would immediately drop, and it is the return temperature that causes the corrosion problems in most boilers.

Hi,

Was this problem ever identified and cured?

I am having the same problem with the same boiler - huge bang (sounds like a car back-firing if you are outside the house) every time the burner tries to light. Locks out after five attempts, by design.

Switching of and on again, it will eventually light, but every attempt is accompanied by the big bang.

Local chap has said it needs a new control panel as there is a large amount of arcing going on before it tries to light, thus build-up of gas and hence explosion when the igniter fires.

Can this be the problem?

Sponsored Links
My local guy called it right. Problem fixed with a new control box. All working well now.......until the next prob crops up!

i've got some 2nd hand spares if you need them, for 135 and 155.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back