Range Tribune Water Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to know whether my hot water system is performing as it should. I live in a 3 storey town house, the boiler is on the ground floor and the hot water tank is on the 3rd floor.

When i run 1 tap and 1 shower the pressure is significantly reduced, if a further tap is running, the shower stops. The pressure on the expansion tank is approx 1 - 1.5bar and understand this should be sufficient pressure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Which expansion tank?

It is the pressure in your water supply that is the one to measure.

Your issue is more likely an undersized water supply main.

Although the height of the cylinder will not be helping... But until we know what your supply pressure is it will be impossible to tell.

The only guage that is on the system is on the red expansion tank which I think is hot water?

How would I go about measuring the mains pressure?

Only been in the house for a year (new build) so would have hoped everything installed was up to the job..

That is your central heating pressure and has nothing to do with tap pressure. Only that it at one point in the past was at least that high.

You need to use a pressure gauge connected to you mains supply - easiest is the washing machine service valve.

You need to measure that pressure whilst you have taps running as well as with no water demand.

If the pressure drops off to nothing then you have pipe size issues, covered here many many times.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Only just got round to the mains pressure. I found the main pipe and it already had a pressure guage on it. It's reading 2bar of pressure..

Does this help and should it be higher?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back