Ravenheat Boiler CSI85AT continuously fires up & turns o

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
  • I have a Ravenheat CSI 85at that is just over 3 years old. This is the one that does NOT have the honeywell gas valve and red ignition PCB or pilot light.
    The problem is that the boiler on CH demand starts up then after about 5 seconds the fan turns off and the boiler closes down. Ten seconds later the boiler starts up and goes through the cycle again then closes down. This goes on and on and on. However if I run the hot water for 20 secs, once the hot water has been turned off the boiler works fine supplying heat to the CH system until it needs to fire up again due to timer swithing off or reaching thermostate level. Each morning I have to get up when the timer switches the boiler on to run the hot water for 20 secs so that the house will heat up.
    After reading all of the comments on this excellent web site, I think the Green ignition PCB needs changing to resolve this problem? Does anybody know for sure so that I dont spend £70 unnecessarialy?
    Thanks
    Neil

Sponsored Links
If it works ok for HW, then it sounds like the typical fan modulation board needs replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back