Ravenheat LS100T no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing my problem. I have a Ravenheat as above and cant get any hot water. I have recently replaced the DHW and CH thermisters which cured a previous problem. What hapens is this.

Turn on tap - no hot water
Switch on heating and then a tap and get a small amount of hot water before going cold. As soon as the diverter valve operates the micro switch the boiler cuts out so the water goes cold.

Currently ive taken the micro switch off and taped it up and when we need hot water i put the heating on and have a shower etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Check the circuitry through the pcb. Sounds like that could be the problem.
Depending upon the output you have the boiler set for on CH, when the temperature falls, your DHW may well be unsatisfactory.

Check the circuitry through the pcb. Sounds like that could be the problem.
Depending upon the output you have the boiler set for on CH, when the temperature falls, your DHW may well be unsatisfactory.

Thanks for that. It confirms my own thoughts on both counts as the water temp is already slightly lower than through the DHW route. Im also thinking the fault must lie on the PCB. Not sure how to how to check it out other than visually, which I will do and probably replace it anyway.

Cheers

try swapping thermistors over ie ch to dhw + dhw to ch sounds like a faulty thermistor to me

Sponsored Links
Have you actually checked the contact resistance NO and NC on the microswitches?

Are you sure the connections have not been wrongly applied?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back