RCD on a TT system

As i said earlier, my system was a TT supply, splitload CU, 30mA RCD to all except heating & lighting, main isolator was 80A 100mA RCD.

This was later changed to PME Supply as earth rod missing/damaged, 100mA RCD still in place and have had no problems. Total cost to convert to PME £0 (EDF Energy)

Sponsored Links
When replacing the main switch on the CU with a Main RCD, you should put the original main switch into a two slot din-rail box, between the meter and the main CU, that way you won't need to pull the service fuse in the future, if the need arises to work on the CU etc.

When replacing the main switch on the CU with a Main RCD, you should put the original main switch into a two slot din-rail box, between the meter and the main CU, that way you won't need to pull the service fuse in the future, if the need arises to work on the CU etc.

kai said:

Very good point Kai.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Salem, i'll cirtainly try the £0 route first.

Thanks Kai, thats the bit I needed to know if Salems route doesn't bear fruit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back