Re-igniting bolier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone - i'm looking for some advice.

This morning my girlfriend thought she could smell gas coming from the kitchen. I called the emergency gas leak people who sent someone round and checked everything and found it all to be fine. While doing his inspections he turned the pilot light out on our boiler (glow worm), then couldn't get it re-lit because the sparky bit wasn’t sparking.

Can I just reignite this myself with a taper of some kind, bearing in mind that evrything was working fine until he turned it out?

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
I can't remember exactly (I'm not in the house now) but have a feeling it was a Glowworm II or something like that. The house was built in 1990 and it looks like it's the same boiler that came with the house. why what are you thinking?

Dave

Sponsored Links
Okay, I took a look last night, and its a Glowworm spacesaver MkII. The pilot light is sealed away so i don't think i'm going to be able to relight it manually.

How much should I be expecting to pay to repair this?

Thanks

Daved

It probably only needs a good service!

But as its not working then most of us would charge more as its become a "repair".

In London we would charge about £84 plus parking. Probably rather less in Manch.

An ex trainee has just moved to Manch and only charges £40 for Safety Certs there whereas it was £60 in London! ( Actually £65 but he gave a backhander of £5 to the Agent! Sorry I meant £5 commission! )

Tony

Is it the boiler with the brown bottom that slides out,if so just remove that,then undo the 4 screws and get a taper and press green button,and light,it is easy and only takes 5 min

Is it the boiler with the brown bottom that slides out,if so just remove that,then undo the 4 screws and get a taper and press green button,and light,it is easy and only takes 5 min

Would CORGI agree that can safely be done by an unregistered person?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back