Recommend me a copper pipe deburrer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mainly for internal 15mm. I use a rothenberger pipe cutter the silver snap on type and it slightly bends over the inside of the pipe that to me looks like it needs deburring
Thanks

Sponsored Links
it slightly bends over the inside of the pipe
No real need to clean up that face. A deburring tool is more for the outside edges or the rough cuts that you would get with a hacksaw and that's to save yourself and any seals etc that the sharp edges may damage.

A turned in end is a relatively safe end to be left on a pipe. If you really wan to to clean up the internal edge and round it out then one of these would be ideal

1713446852064.png

The only issue with pipe inside burrs or turn-in is that they make bending springs impossible to insert. It's virtually impossible to open these turn-ins enough to get a bending spring in so, when using these, it's necessary to use a hacksaw to cut the pipe.

Sponsored Links
The only issue with pipe inside burrs or turn-in is that they make bending springs impossible to insert. It's virtually impossible to open these turn-ins enough to get a bending spring in so, when using these, it's necessary to use a hacksaw to cut the pipe.
Good tip
I remember now getting one stuck and ruining it.

Absolute nonsense that is what the pointy bit on pipe cutters are for takes about 20 seconds to take the burr off and insert a spring

Great thanks. I have seen those but wondered if some are better than others, are they rothenberger ones. Tool station do theses
https://www.toolstation.com/arctic-hayes-deburrer/p27781
They will all be the same I'm sure, hardened steel blades, the Rothy ones were just the ones I saw a pic of first and it's the one I have. I never find I need to use it when I use a pipe slice, only when the cut is sawn or similar.

Absolute nonsense that is what the pointy bit on pipe cutters are for takes about 20 seconds to take the burr off and insert a spring
Well, that's not my experience at all. The turn-in that you get from pipe cutters is much more resistant to de-burring than normal hacksaw burrs and even working away for more than a minute with "the pointy bit" does not remove the turn-in sufficiently to insert a bending spring which, of necessity, has a very close clearance to the inside of the pipe.

Well, that's not my experience at all. The turn-in that you get from pipe cutters is much more resistant to de-burring than normal hacksaw burrs and even working away for more than a minute with "the pointy bit" does not remove the turn-in sufficiently to insert a bending spring which, of necessity, has a very close clearance to the inside of the pipe.
Yes they do . Try having 3 weetabix for your breakfast .basic first month apprenticeship stuff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back