Recommendations needed for best 8.5kw electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My water pressure is really poor and results in poor water flow from my shower.

Occasionally the shower won't even work because it hasn't got enough water pressure.

I have a 6mm cable so I am told I can only go up to 8.5kw shower.

Recently I decided to retile my bathroom so I don't fancy pulling all the tiles off to fit a shower with a seperate pump.

I currently have a triton rapide r2 8.5kw.

Please can you recommend the best 8.5kw shower on the market which will get best water flow from poor water pressure.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't think you can pump mains-fed showers??

Recently I decided to retile my bathroom so I don't fancy pulling all the tiles off to fit a shower with a seperate pump.
And it never occurred to you to sort the shower out first?

You went and did something that would prevent you from fitting a different type of shower, or a more powerful one?

FFS.

You can get pumped showers with the pump integral to the shower unit, but you need a hot feed to that area.

Oops. Looks like you're stripping tiles off tonight!! ;)

Sponsored Links
You can get pumped showers with the pump integral to the shower unit, but you need a hot feed to that area.
I believe they also require a gravity fed supply, not mains-fed.

sfletch, turn the temperature dial to its minimum setting - does the pressure increase much?

you can also get pumped electrically heated showers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back