Reed/fluted Architrave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, fairly easy question for those who know,i've seen photos of these types of architrave used with corner blocks.
Question is can you buy architrave with this design ? or do you have to build them so to speak by gluing on mouldings ?
The only mouldings i've seen are about 6mm thick (like me lol).
Have a good laugh, then put me out my misery :D
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ok, fairly easy question for those who know,i've seen photos of these types of architrave used with corner blocks.
Question is can you buy architrave with this design ? or do you have to build them so to speak by gluing on mouldings ?
The only mouldings i've seen are about 6mm thick (like me lol).
Have a good laugh, then put me out my misery :D
Thanks.
Google mouldings there's more than you can poke a stick at,but they will cost for door sets,timber yard's in city's have bigger ranges for the obvious reasons and is by far the cheaper way of doing it,other than that your local joiners shop will run you some out to your design the last option is make your own with a router some nous and some care

You mean those naff stained architraves they use in Harvester (theme) pubs and the like?

Probably a Roman or Greek idea.

pay a visit to your local salvage yard and see what they have,you may be able to pick a load up then get it dipped??

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice chaps :)
@noseall yeah my living room will be a cross between a Harvester and a 70's chinese restaraunt with the cladding lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back