Reliable combi boiler for a flat?

Have you thought of having the boiler fixed - or serviced - not the same thing?

By the way, if a Vitodens 200-W is found to be heavy, that may be seen as a measure of quality.

Someone told me it's not worth repairing, as the heat exchanger could be gone. It's 9 years old Modena 80E. I had to use reset button 3 times now to operate, otherwise it goes back to 'boiler lockout' light sign.

The reset does the job for the day...until the next day. I have gas engineer booked on Monday.

Sponsored Links
has anyone suggested that it may be a case of re charging the expansion vesel or a duff low water pressure cut off switch?

a tad cheaper than a new boiler. you had it serviced at all?

might be worth looking at repair, ferrollis are generally cr@p but the modena wasnt too bad, maybe just cos it has less parts to go wrong, but its not a bad boiler all the same. Only problem is the if the dual pass hex is scaled, but if that were the case you'd probably be complaining of reduced water pressure at the hot taps and excessively hot water. Could be something really simple

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back