Religion and contradiction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can't get my head round this someone please explain.

If i was to believe in God or a religion first i would need to believe in it, ie believe it's true.

Now if religious people are the same, how can they believe what they are told is true be it Jesus or Mohammad or whatever when there's a parallel following saying, no that's not what happened this is what happened our book/bible/Koran/Tanakh.
How can religious people not question their own religion when they peer over to see John over there has a different book and different load of stories, they can't all be true? Therefore none of them are? Well maybe one is? But WTF?! Some of them aren't even close about how the world started or who is the ultimate ruler.

How can anyone apart from indoctrination from birth really believe in these story books? I understand the way of life but not the facts behind them all. You are dedicating your life in the belief in all of this, i dont believe half of what i actually witness myself right now today.. let alone what happened thousands of years ago.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have no idea but I was unlucky enough to go to church once. Inside they were all 'peace be with you', on the car park outside they were more like 'hurry up you ******'. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Id understand if there was only ONE religion but there's fkin thousands of em....

Gods are invented to explain the un-explanable. Such as the rain god who makes rain, sun god who keeps the hit thing up in the sky. and various other gods.

Heaven was invented as humans believe they are so perfect it would a waste of apersonality if there was no where for the personality to go when the body gave up and died. Hell was an alternative to oviod meeting the bad personalites in heaven.

Those combine to create a religion with one or more gods.

Some religions include advice on living as part of their "instruction book" ( bible for example ) advice such as washing with left hand and eating with right hand ( but not as the same time :mrgreen: ) By making a "religious" advisory from a god it is more readily accepted by believers.

It's very simple Festive. The exitsence you are currently in, is just a learning experience, that's all. You come to learn, you'll invariably screw up, and when you finish this life, you'll judge yourself, and then decide what you're going to do next time to try and learn from your mistakes; and so the process goes on until you've raised yourself to a higher level. Unfortunately, Jesus tried to teach everyone to love thy neighbour, and they stuck him on the cross to shut him up. The disciples tried to pass on his teachings, and the "Church" that grew up around his ideas, got corrupted by the the guys in charge, and became a fear control game. Every religion has a love thy neghbour theme at the heart of it, but they've all been twisted over time.

As Noesall said, you get indoctrinated from an early age, and that stops you from thinking and questioning things; and if you do, you just get told that God has a higher purpose, and we can't understand what it is. But what if this was all just one big experiment by God to see what we could achieve, and what if he's happy to just let us get on with things, and like any child, learn from our mistakes.

Unfortunately, there isn't a single religion in existance that has a true understanding of what's going on, but if you're questioning things, then you're on your way to enlightenment, so well done.

Wtf is all this "Pray for (insert victims here)" about?

Praying that God looks after the victims you say.

Well, how about paying that there aren't any victims in the first place. I say.

FU says God.

I know, it's an odd case of asking God to look after the victims, yet forgetting the bit about God helps those that helps themselves.

Sponsored Links
Back