What happened to Jesus the second time around?

Sponsored Links
No, that's just a made-up story, intended to give a false and spurious legitimacy to the Jesus legend.

Remember the Roman Empire had the largest bureaucracy in the world.

If there had been a stupid edict commanding people to return to their ancestral homes, think how long it would have taken, and the cost in government officials, subsistence and records. It would have interrupted commerce and agriculture and led to loss of production and revenue.

It would have been on file and mentioned in the history books.

The Domesday Book in England took years to prepare.

No, that's just a made-up story.
What do you mean? Just the bit about the taxes or the whole lot?
Why would they make up a little bit about the taxes.

Remember the Roman Empire had the largest bureaucracy in the world.
Does that not make it more likely?

If there had been a stupid edict commanding people to return to their ancestral homes, think how long it would have taken, and the cost in government officials, subsistence and records.
Don't forget there is a Bethlehem very near Nazareth as well as the one near Jerusalem.

It would have been on file and mentioned in the history books.
Fair enough.

Any references to Jesus in modern biblical writings are ambiguously translated. They refer to him as a builder not specifically a carpenter. Most likely a stone mason.

Sponsored Links
That must mean he was a "Mason" Is it written anywhere that he gave a disciple a funny handshake ?

But this thread highlights the very problem with the Bible; everyone tries to take it so damn literally, and it was only ever meant to be a series of stories to educate the masses, and boy did it fail.

God doesn't want anyone to worship him, but that's all the God botherers tend to do. He created this universe to see what we would achieve, pretty much in the same way that child will have an ant farm, and just observe what the ants do.

We have been here many times before in an attempt to learn to better people, and will keep coming back until we do, and that's the bottom line of this game called life. It's completely immaterial if Jesus was a carpenter, or a mason, his reason for being was to teach us to be better people, something most of the trolls on this site have failed to grasp. But you can't have the good without the bad, and it's standing up to the trolls, that makes you a more tolerant and better person.

No, just looking at the universe from a different viewpoint, but get to where I have, and you'll see it the same say. Yes, this is my belief system, and it's different from the likes of BnB, but that's why each of us came to learn different things, and that's what tolerance is all about.

Good stuff. My FIL goes to meetings up the North East to view the cosmos with reduced light pollution benefits. He's got a tracker type scope. Constantly adjusting. Brilliant stuff. Have you managed to track the space station?

Following on from my previous post, yesterday I went to The International Astronomy Show at Stoneleigh.

The makers of my mount are to release a firmware update, early next year, which will allow tracking of the ISS, can't wait.

Any references to Jesus in modern biblical writings are ambiguously translated. They refer to him as a builder not specifically a carpenter. Most likely a stone mason.

in mathew its says he was a carpenter. unless you can show me in scripture he was a stone mason, we have stay on what scripture says.

Sorry EFL, forgot to ask where the contradictions were.

They are all in the Bible, here is just one of hundreds.........

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

But this thread highlights the very problem with the Bible; everyone tries to take it so damn literally,
I thought you didn't believe. I can't be bothered to look back. Apologies if I am wrong.

and it was only ever meant to be a series of stories to educate the masses, and boy did it fail.
I would say - to control the masses.

God doesn't want anyone to worship him,
Yes, he does - or it says he does.

but that's all the God botherers tend to do.
That's what they are supposed to do.

He created this universe to see what we would achieve, pretty much in the same way that child will have an ant farm, and just observe what the ants do.
No he didn't.

We have been here many times before in an attempt to learn to better people, and will keep coming back until we do, and that's the bottom line of this game called life.
That'll be for ever then.

It's completely immaterial if Jesus was a carpenter, or a mason,
Not if it says both in different places. (I don't know if it does, but always thought he was a carpenter - perhaps he was a carpenter who joined the masons)

his reason for being was to teach us to be better people, something most of the trolls on this site have failed to grasp.
Just a nice person then but fact or fiction?

But you can't have the good without the bad,
Why not?

and it's standing up to the trolls, that makes you a more tolerant and better person.
Oxymoron?

The religious are the most intolerant. Other cheek?

I thought you didn't believe

I believe there is a God, just not in the normal way.

I would say - to control the masses

It started off as a record of what Jesus tried to teach people, and then got corrupted, so in that manner, you've completely right.
That's what they are supposed to do

They're not, that was part of the changes to control the masses; worship God, believe what we tell you, and you'll get a reward, go against us, and you get eternal damnation. And if that's not threats and control, I don't know what is.

No he didn't

How do you know he didn't.
That'll be for ever then

For some, definitely.
Not if it says both in different places

So why does it matter what he did. His real job was to try and get people to be better than they were, so his real job was as a Rabbi/Teacher. Yet here we are arguing over what he did for a living before he started the work that became the Bible.

Because what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. If you aregue with the Trolls, you end up going down to their level. If you stand back and accept that they're just unhappy, then you no longer get angry at them.

Oxymoron? The religious are the most intolerant. Other cheek

And that highlights the problems with taking the Bible so literally; they fail to see what they should be trying to learn, and just quote it page for page to prove how pious they are.

Sponsored Links
Back