Removing a Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to try and install a new bathroom myself. I am relatively new to DIY, but I figured you have to try these things. Worst case scenario I get a professional in to help me!! I have another bathroom so time is not an issue.
I have a question though. When I take the Bath, Sink and Toilet out, I obviously need to shut off the water supply. If I am not planning to install the new appliances on the same day, what/how do i stop water spilling out the pipes when I turn the supply back on? I presume I need a stopper of some sort? Will these affect where/how I cut the pipes? Can I purchase these stoppers in a regular hardware shop?

Thanks (this is my first ever post and may well be the first of a few over the next few weeks!!)

Sponsored Links
I presume I need a stopper of some sort? Will these affect where/how I cut the pipes? Can I purchase these stoppers in a regular hardware shop?

theirs a few different types of stop end compression, pushfit etc.
all available in diy store etc.
Thanks (this is my first ever post and may well be the first of a few over the next few weeks!!)
i have a feeling you will be back.

Sponsored Links
useally 15/22mm.

depends if your cutting the pipes or just unscrewing them from the taps and then want to cap them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back