removing and blocking door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i want to remove a a door in my living room that leads to a dining room so i can block it up. i know that the pastering is out of my league but believe i can do the preperation. Any tips would be apreciated as i was going to take the door off and the arcitrave and build a frame for the plasterboard. then leave the plastering to a proffesional. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't forget to remove the door casing/liner also, as leaving it in can lead to plastering problems.

Sponsored Links
Just read all the views on removing the door etc, after a short chat with the wife it seems leaving it in place will be the better option. Removing the door was going to a bit of space for some shelving space. Deciding not to bother and have some laminate flooring instead, dont want to create un neccassary work for the sake of some shelving space .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back