Removing Radiators-Potterton Prima C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi-If this has been answered before then please feel free to point me in the right direction, thanks. I am decorating the house having recently got married-you know what it's like-lol-and want to remove the radiators in my bungalow so that I get nice finish when painting. I know that there are raditaor rollers etc but want to remove the rads anyways so that I can flush then through given that the house is 10yrs old and the rads seem to be a bit tempremental in terms of the warmth of them high to low. I have a Potterton Prima C system which provides the hot water and heating-don't know much else about it I'm afraid. Can anyone tell me please how to power the system down so that I can safely remove the rads, drain the system, flush the rads through and then re-energise-if that is the correct Star Trek term-lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated as having the in-laws for Christmas tucker and want to get the job done on time. Any other info re the system then please ask and I will try-lol-to assist.
Many thanks in advance and Merry Christmas

Sponsored Links
Hi Bammer,

Cool Yule to yoy too:cool:

Do your rads one by one, ie shut both valves off, drain rad, remove,flush, PAINT,then remount, open valves, refill and bleed.

Jobzagudden

Steve69the69Gas-Many thanks for the info and the prompt response. I will give it a go. Have an idea now what to do, so fingers crossed and hope the sculery doesn't flood-lol.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Merry Christmas.

Sponsored Links
Steve69the69Gas- Job done-flushed as well- but there is a temp differential at the top and bottom. The top is warmer than the bottom. Do you think I need to balance the system and if so, are rad thermometers the way to go if I note which rad fires up first? Many thanks-again-lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back