Removing tiles off roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove the first 3 section of tiles on my roof by my eaves as the felt has gone in a section, so I need replace. The tiles are nailed down into the batern, what is the best way to get the nail out remove tile without breaking them ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Almost certainly one of the first three rows or tiles will not be nailed. Tate a few bits of batons up the ladder with you and push the bottom of the tiles up the roof and the row that moves is not nailed, it will be easier with a small flat crow bar to get at the nails. Use the bits of wood to hold the tiles up on the row above were you are working.

Almost certainly one of the first three rows or tiles will not be nailed. Tate a few bits of batons up the ladder with you and push the bottom of the tiles up the roof and the row that moves is not nailed, it will be easier with a small flat crow bar to get at the nails. Use the bits of wood to hold the tiles up on the row above were you are working.

Thanks.

Water is getting in when bad rain. I have pointed all the ridge and there are no broke tiles on the roof. My gutters are new and where it is getting in there I have lifted the tile up and the felt is completely shot there. But how is it getting in are the tile not what protects the roof ? I assume that when it badly windy and raining the water is getting blew up and under the first row of tile and there is no felt so getting in. Is this possible. ?

Was looking at removing the section of tile, removing baton, then re - felting that area and re baton. Then installing eave protectors.

You think this is the way to go ?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back