Rendering over painted brick wall

I agree with joe I would rake out the loose pointing and then cut the brick faces up with a grinder and render over

Sponsored Links
beg to differ joe but there are cheap mesh an fix solutions,means nothing if the scratch dont stick to the substrate,the mech fix will hold,to the op fix the water ingress first,then render!

I've seen far too much mesh rusting and falling off. I'll stick to the tradition of bonding to the substrate thanks very much.

yes but surely if its made from stainless steel it wont rust and fall off?

I agree with joe I would rake out the loose pointing and then cut the brick faces up with a grinder and render over

do you mean run a 4 " grinder down the front of each brick cutting a groove? if so how many per brick? two?

stainless steel mesh?bigest cause of cracks for any render system,were the mesh doubles and trebles,(on mesh overlaps ),gets hot in the summer expands more than the render an cracks,shape up boys and keep up with modern building methods :)

Sponsored Links

do you mean run a 4 " grinder down the front of each brick cutting a groove? if so how many per brick? two?

i would personally use a 9" and criss cross over the whole wall with lines about 100mm apart, but a 4" would be fine you dont have to go mega deep

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back