rent caps

Sponsored Links
Owners of rental homes should be forced to sell them, below market value, to their current tenants. Discuss.

Sounds like state imposed theft.......unless the owner is actually government

If you mean privately owned then probably some Marxist John McDonnell plan

Sponsored Links
Owners of rental homes should be forced to sell them, below market value, to their current tenants. Discuss.

What if your current tennant couldn't afford it or didn't want to buy it?

And then why would anyone sell a house for less than its market value?

I don't see a problem with it myself, there is obviously a demand for it. I don't see how it's any different from any other way of making money, you buy something and sell it for more.

Rather than depriving someone of a home, these landlords are providing places where family's can live together.

Rather than depriving someone of a home, these landlords are providing places where family's can live together.
Whilst that is a noble and altruistic notion and correct in some cases, many of those who can afford to, just buy as an investment.

Mrs Thatchers policy.

And the reason why this country is short of decent housing for the poor.

Its one of the reasons, not the only one.

The lack of building new council houses is also a reason.

Whilst that is a noble and altruistic notion and correct in some cases, many of those who can afford to, just buy as an investment.

They all do, the noble bit just happens while they try and make their money.

I can't see how it's any different to a guy buying a car and selling it at a profit, or a guy buying building materials and turning them into something for a profit.

How's about a young family buy a home, years down the line they they have more money and more kids so buy a bigger house. They want to keep the original house (all paid for) for one/all of their kids so they rent it for a few years. Is that wrong too?

The lack of building new council houses is also a reason.

Also due to the Tory policy.

Quite apart from not being allowed to use the proceeds of forced home sales to build new homes. Would you buy a car if you knew that your neighbour could then force you to sell it to him at less than its value?

Leaving you with no car and less money.

It was a a ploy because Thatcher's lot thought they'd get more votes from the lucky buyers.

Sponsored Links
Back