Repairing a damaged Radiator bleeder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Rad with air in it but unfortunately I cannot turn the bleeder, the bleeder is damaged and the key does not grip. it is located on the top right of the radiator facing the wall. Anybody had that problem.?

Sponsored Links
i have snapped off my bleeding screw that to is facing the wall so i will need to take the rad off to work on it , but if there is any other way i would be glad of the advice , :D

I may be miss interpreting this but dont these bleed valves have a larger nut holding them into the rad? If u get some grips on it you can bleed from there and also get a replacement.

Could be Myson ound top type where bleed screw is direct into rad facing wall ;)

Sponsored Links
To give yourself the best chance of unscrewing a rounded head, get a decent brass key and file the end as though it had been in a pencil sharpener.
You can also use a Dremel type cutting disc to cut a slot for a screwdriver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back