Repairing raised cracks in laminate wood flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First time poster here.

I dropped a glass jar on my laminate wood floor which has left a horrible raised crack in the floor. None of the flooring has chipped away, just simply cracked, but in the process has left one side of the crack horribly raised, almost as if the impact was at an angle.

I was looking for some advice on how to repair such a crack and whether it can be done with a specific type of kit I could buy from a DIY store?

I looked around on the net but most kits are for repairing small scratches. I saw some kits that use a putty but could this be used to repair a raised crack in the floor? Would I need to remove the raised bit of laminate to use the putty?

The crack is probably about three quarters of an inch in length, so not huge but also not small in that it's not noticeable.

Also, the panel that is damaged is in the middle of the room so not a simple job to replace it.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Now this is a total guess,

A peice of sturdy paper perhaps lining or cartridge paper then a thin peice of metal (a wallpaper stripper of filling knife would do) to spread the load and a gentle tap with a hammer over the raised part. Then filler to finish once it's flat.

I suggest you wait for a bit in case an expert has a better idea ;) but if not perhaps give my mad scheme a try!

footprints

Sounds like a board replacement is the best solution, if its a glueless click system and you have some spare boards, a fitter could sort it for a couple of hours labour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back