Repairing small damage on wooden laminate floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Need advice on how to get a damage to a small section of the wooden laminate floor repaired. Below are the details:
- Damage area is in between the 6th and 7th planks from the entrance of the living room (PS: the first plank after the entrance is not standard size; it's been cut to size along the width).
- I have extra planks from the same batch as the ones laid on the floor.

I've attached photos of the damage for better assessment:
- Image 1 is the close-up of the actual damage.
- Image 2 shows its distance from the entrance.

Question 1: Can the damage be repaired by removing and replacing? Or will a patching filler do?
Question 2: Any suggestions of any recommended contractor for this job in NW London?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
I would say its quite big to patch with filler i certainly wouldnt atempt to patch this size of damage.you should be able to strip from the door back at an angle until you get to the damaged board with ease in my experiance.

Thanks evansbuilders...I notice you're in Scotland. Could you suggest someone to do this job for me in North London?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back