Replacement Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I am looking at replacing my chaffoteaux system plus 100 boiler which is about eleven years old and very unreliable becoming uneconomic to repair.

Can anyone advise on a good replacement boiler? I am going to ring around this week for quotes and want to get something that will be suitable for my needs not what the installer wants to sell me!

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
When the installers come round to do a site visit, ask them if they give you a choice of appliance, or do they just stick to one brand. I always offer my clients a choice of 3, Worcester, Viessmann and generally the 3rd choice is of one the client has looked at, as long as it's not Italian.

Dont ask that on a site visit! Ask on the phone first.

Any competent installer should be able to fit ANY boiler. Unfortunately some manufacturers and merchants offer rewards/discounts which means many installers try to persuade you to have THEIR preferred model.

Its difficult for a home owner to make a rational decision on a particular boiler make. Generally a longer warrantee of five years is a good advantage.

Each installer has his own choice and they are usually Vaillant, Worcester, Viessmann and Intergas.

Others think that by using a second line make which is cheaper it will enable their quote to be lower and they think that will get them the job.

I will fit any boiler and so I quote just a price for the installation work ( from £740 for a system boiler ) and the boiler at cost regardless of the make.

You may note that I have not mentioned my choice. Thats because I dont have one. I prefer to choose one best suited taking into account cost, size, warrantee and reliability.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back