replacement garage questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looking to replace our current garage with a wider taller one it is at the rear of our terraced property and will border a neighbour
we were wanting to use a steel framework with box profile roof and side or pvc cladding on the side
do you think this would be acceptable in a domestic location the garage would be a simple lean to layout
as with a concrete pad laid the garage could be erected in a weekend on a budget

Sponsored Links
If the garage is detached, then subject to certain height- and space limits, it would not need planning permission (assuming nothing unusual like conservation area, listed building, Article 4 etc) and appearance would not be a concern.

If its attached to the house, that's a different matter.

i know i need planning and building notice just thinking of ease to erect and to costs down i need maximum headroom so was thinking a steel frame would be self supporting and i if needed i could leave the boundry wall in place if the neighbours were unkeen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back